CIPHER CABLE ONLINE INSTRUCTIONS
Exclusive Lightning Cipher Cable for Audeze portable headphones.
Unlock the Full Potential of Your Audeze Headphones.
Playing Music through the Cipher Cable.
You do not need any additional apps or services to play music through the Cipher cable. Simply plug the cable into the lightning port and use your favourite app to play music on the Iphone.
- The Cipher module upsamples the data coming through the lightning port from the iPhone clock domain to the local clock domain. All Sample rate conversion is done at 24 bit resolution.
- The Cipher cable has been tested for compatibility with iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone7 Plus, iPhone 6s Plus, 6s, 6 Plus, 6, iPhone 5s, 5c, iPhone 5, iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad mini, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPod touch (6th generation), iPod touch (5th generation)
- When you plug the cable the first time, you will be prompted to download the Audeze App. The Audeze app allows simple EQ functionality and firmware update options.
High Resolution Music.
To play high resolution music, FLAC or other lossless formats, you can use one of the 3rd party apps. Here are some apps, we have tested the cable with. Onkyo HF Player from Onkyo. VOX Lossless player for Iphone from Coppertino. For streaming lossless music Tidal or Deezer. We will update this page as we test more apps.
Audeze Application Version 0.0.1(0.1.5)
The EQ app is designed to work with the Audeze Cipher cable and an iOS device via Lightning connector. Install the app as you would any other.
The app layout is optimized for iPhones but will work for iPads and iPod touch as well and requires iOS 8.1 or later. It supports equalization (EQ) of digital audio playback through the Cipher cable. The app also allows firmware updates to be applied to the Cipher cable.
Here’s a brief guide of the EQ app. If the Cipher cable isn’t connected to the iOS device the app will open, but no sliders or buttons are enabled.
Equalization and presets
Tapping the Audeze app icon takes you to the equalizer screen. It supports a 10-band EQ of -10dB to +10dB for each band.
- Presets: There are two presets and each can be changed independently.
Save a preset: Any change you make is immediately stored in the Cipher cable. The presets are loaded from the cable even when used with a different iOS device.
- Restore to factory values: Pressing the 'Reset' button restores the Cipher cable to its factory default values.
- Boosting gain too much may result in amplifier clipping or distortion. To be avoided.
Cipher 3-Button Remote Instructions
- PLAY / PAUSE - Press the center button once
- SKIP TO NEXT TRACK - Press center button twice
- SKIP TO PREVIOUS TRACK - Press center button three times
- FAST FORWARD - Press center button twice and hold
- FAST REWIND - Press center button three times and hold
- ANSWER CALL / END CALL - Press center button once
- MUTE CALL - Press center button once and hold
- SWITCH CALLS - Press center button twice
- VOLUME UP - Press top button
- VOLUME DOWN - Press bottom button
Firmware Update Instructions
Verify Wifi Network is connected with 4 Wifi bars
Connect the Cipher cable to the iOS device. Do not disconnect until the firmware update is completed or you’ll have to start again.
Launch the iOS application.
Click the Settings icon.
Click the UPDATE FIRMWARE button
If a new version is available you’ll be prompted to continue the update process. To continue press Yes or choose No to update at another time.
Note: Do not unplug the cable. Do not lock the screen. Do not exit the application during the update process! If you do any of these during the update, unplug the cable, quit the app and start from step one.
Important: Wait for the update to complete. You will see a Success message displayed when the firmware file has been written. Press OK.
Complete the update by either restarting the iOS device or exiting the Audeze application using Force Quit. Launch the Audeze Application and enjoy!