High-performance closed-back planar magnetic headphone
Exquisitely well built, incredible performance. – Geoffrey Morrison, Forbes
Our first foray into closed-back design, the LCD-XC has been in research and development for several years. Now featuring exclusive Fazor technology, we’re proud to release the XC, a fully-enclosed headphone with classic Audeze-quality sound for a more exclusive experience in noisy environments.
Our patent-pending Fazor elements are unique to the LCD-XC and LCD-X and help guide and manage the flow of sound in the headphone. The result is improved phase response, greater frequency extension, smoother frequency response, and remarkable 3D holographic imaging.
For the purest, most discerning audiophile listening sessions, open headphones remain the favored choice, but our closed-back LCD-XC is the best enclosed headphone experience you’ll find.
The LCD-XC wood cups are available in hand-worked Bubinga, Purple Heart, Iroki or Walnut. The enclosures are made from precision-crafted anodized aluminum with sloped earpads of either premium lambskin leather or a leather-free super-suede microfiber. The earpads are designed with specially-crafted foam offering the proper firmness and the right acoustic balance.
*There is currently a three-week delay for the Gunmetal Gray rings.
Each LCD-XC comes with:
- ADZ6SE Cable (single-ended 1/4"): 1/4” TRS to 2x4-pin mini XLR
- ADZ6B4 Cable (balanced 4-pin): 4-pin XLR to 2x4-pin mini XLR
- 1/4" to 1/8" adapter
- Ruggedized travel case
- Wood care kit
- Warranty documents
- Personalized frequency response graph available through email@example.com
The technical specifications of the LCD-XC are as follows:
- Style: Circumaural - closed
- Transducer type: Planar magnetic
- Magnetic structure: Proprietary self-closing design, acoustically transparent
- Magnet type: High-grade Neodymium
- Transducer active diaphragm area: 39.8 sq cm (6.17 sq in)
- Maximum power handling: 15 W (for 200 ms)
- Sound pressure level (SPL): >130 db with 15 W
- Frequency response: 5 Hz - 20 KHz, usable high-frequency extension of 50 KHz
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): Less than 1% throughout entire frequency range
- Impedance: 22 ohms, purely resistive
- Efficiency: 95 dB/1 mW
- Optimal power requirement: 1-4 W
- Weight: 650 g
- Cable length (both): 2.5 m (8.2 ft)
|“From the butter-soft leather, to the gorgeous wood earcups, they exude luxury in a way most headphones don’t ... The Audeze LCD-XC’s are exquisitely well built and offer incredible performance ... Those two things define a good luxury item.”
– Geoffrey Morrison, Forbes
|“In our collective opinions, the LCD-X and LCD-XC are nothing short of the very best headphones from Audeze ... A fantastically large, holographic-like soundstage ... The LCD-XC captures the signature LCD sound in a pair of closed-back headphones.”
– Mercer, Warren Chi, Michael Llang, Audio360.com
|“Having created a new driver for the LCD-XC, Audeze went on to apply the driver in a new open-back model, called the LCD-X ... The result is a closed-back ‘phone that offers plenty of noise isolation, yet that retains the open, energetic, and highly articulate sound of the LCD-3.”
– Chris Martens, HiFi+